The Victorian Regional Channels Authority (VRCA) periodically seeks tenders from specialist contractors and consultants to provide a range of services in areas such as:
- Management of shipping control
- Provision of navigation aids
- Channel management
- Marine environment protection
- Safety and security
View, browse or download information about current tenders on offer and any supporting documentation below. Contact details and submission processes are included in the specific tender documentation.
There are currently no tenders on offer.
Position: Chief Executive Officer
- Exceptional leader
- Safety focused
- Geelong based
About the organisation
Victorian Regional Channels Authority (VRCA) is legislated to manage and maintain the commercial shipping channels in the ports of Geelong and Hastings. Central to this mandate is the requirement to ensure the safety of all vessels in port waters, the provision of aids to navigation and the protection of the environment.
About the role
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will lead the strategic planning for VRCA working closely with government, port users and agents to ensure all aspects of the corporate plan are successfully delivered. This will involve the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to facilitate trade growth in the ports of Geelong and Hastings. The CEO will:-
- Demonstrate and reinforce that safety of life, protection of the environment and protection of property is paramount in all decision making;
- Foster productive relationships with all port users, government agencies and industry stakeholders;
- Ensure contemporary governance standards are continuously improved;
- Lead, motivate and manage a small, talented and dedicated team.
You will have superior senior management credentials and be able to demonstrate extensive experience and understanding of the ports and maritime sectors.
You will be a proven leader with executive presence who has excellent commercial judgement and the ability to generate a positive rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders.
You will display a natural ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders to meet strategic objectives which is critical to achieving success in the role.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 5th July